Bern's heraldic animal has been released into new-found freedom on the beautiful slope of the Aare river. The creators of the new, bear-friendly BearPark have built a landscape where Björk and Finn can climb, fish and play, but also just retreat and relax.
A visit to the BearPark is a special experience for children as well as adults. Paths run through the park down to the Aare riverside path, giving visitors great insight into the lives of the bears. They can watch the bears play, bathe and climb right in front of their eyes.
Presence time of the animal nurses: Each day from 08.00 to 17.00 o'clock
Opening times of the shop: Each day from 08.30 to 16.30 o'clock
• Admission to the BearPark is free.
• The park is open 365 days a year.
• There is a lift for people with disabilities.
• Same location: The entrance to the BearPark is at the old BearPit (bus no. 12 to Bärengraben).
• The park is now home to two brown bears, Björk and Finn, who became parents of the cubs Berna and Ursina (born in mid-December 2009)
• Path through the park for visitors
• River bath for the bears
• Various bear caves
• Field glasses and viewpoints
• Infrared cameras and web cams in the caves
• AudioGuide and mobile phone tour
• Museum and shop at the old BearPit